Saturday, December 4, 2010

Yamaha’s has given Rossi the all clear to ride for his 2011 Ducati team

The question of whether 31 years would be allowed by Yamaha to ride Desmosedici for the team that he has signed for the 2011 season remains a very attractive among the media, and in an interview with broadcaster Italia 1 Italian MotoGP Rossi says he finally received permission from Furusawa after spoke with him on Saturday night.

Valentino Rossi has shown that he has been given permission by Yamaha's Engineering Operations Executive Officer, Masao Furusawa, to test with Ducati in Valencia next month.

After hearing the news Ducati MotoGP Project Manager motogp.com Alessandro Cicognani said in an interview: "I have not heard anything or Yamaha's Rossi to say exactly, but I was told about this so I am very happy. I think in a way like a gift from Yamaha's Valentino after what he has done for them. "

"Furusawa called me and told me it was a way to thank you for what I have done for Yamaha," Rossi told Italian 1. "I think it's a good attitude and it shows that Yamaha has to appreciate the things done for years."

"We can be happy with this and I want to thank you, by the way, Yamaha. I have a good relationship with Lin Jarvis and I take this opportunity to thank him because he was always fair and open for discussion. It is not easy and good. So we will work now and finish the season, and then started again for 2011 only after the Valencia race. "

Cicognani continued: "I think for everybody that this test is important because, due to restrictions on testing, I think it's fair that every rider has the opportunity to test the bike he will ride in next year. So for everyone it would be important. He will test bike 2011 for sure, and we'll see. We're working on it! "

"To start the eighth and finish third was not a bad result and, given our problems this weekend, we can be happy," said Rossi race. "Today is Casey's ride in different sports and I wanted to congratulate him. Podium was the maximum for us but still struggling to get there."

The news comes after Iveco Rossi finished third at the Australian Grand Prix on Sunday, after rising from eighth on the grid began to make a last-lap pass on Nicky Hayden and secure the eighth podium this season.

"I'm fun with Nicky at the end because in some places it is faster than me and I really have to push, but the podium here is very important to me and I can not give it easily. We have had three podiums in a row, including one win, and after a difficult season I am happy about this. Today we won the team title and I am happy for all of us and for Yamaha. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...